The transmission system is usually ignored until there is a major problem. Many people who notice their car is not running properly ignore the problem with the hope that the symptoms with work themselves out. This could result in more extensive damage to your vehicle as the problem becomes more severe.
The following symptoms may indicate a problem with your transmission:
- Failing or delaying when shifting
- Thumping or lagging when shifting
- The engine speeds up when you apply the gas, but the car doesn’t
- Red, pink, or brown puddles under your car
- The need to add transmission fluid
- Unusual noises, such as a whining sound when you step on the accelerator, a grinding noise, or a banging noise when you come to a stop
- Your car fails to move when cold, but improves once it is warmed up
- Engine overheating
- If you suspect there is a problem with your car, have it checked out before more damage is done. Or call Eagle Transmission Shop Richardson location, and one of our highly skilled, customer friendly, courteous technicians will be most happy to offer you a NO OBLIGATION, FREE CONSULTATION.